Big River Steampunk Art Competition
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Entries are now being accepted for the 2014 BIG RIVER STEAMPUNK ART COMPETITION in celebration of all things Steampunk – drawings, sculpture, oil paintings, pottery, woodcarving, fiber arts, photographs, articles of clothing, jewelry, and other original works of art (original in concept, design and production). The Best of Show will receive a $100 cash prize and the top three entries will receive a special “Medal of Honor”. The contest is open to professional and non-professional artists 18 years of age or older.
Deadline for Entries: August 15, 2014
How to Enter:
• Email images of submitted entry(ies) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on Friday, August 15, 2014.
• Subject Line: BIG RIVER STEAMPUNK ART COMPETITION
• Body of Email: Name, Address, Best Number to Reach, Email address, Title of Submitted Entry(ies)
• Attachment(s): Attach .jpeg image(s) (preferably 300 dpi or higher). The title of the .jpeg(s) should match the title of the submitted artwork(s) included in the body of the email.
• THERE IS A $10 ENTRY FEE FOR EACH ENTRY. Artists may submit as many entries as they’d like, but the fee is applicable to each entry. For check/cash payments, mail payment to Hannibal Arts Council, P.O. Box 1202, Hannibal, MO 63401. Make checks payable to the Hannibal Arts Council. For debit/credit payment, contact the Hannibal Arts Council at (573) 221-6545 to process payment over the phone (Monday, Wednesday-Friday 9-5). The entry fee must be received by noon on Friday, August 15, 2014 or entry(ies) will not be considered.
• Bring the original works of art to the Hannibal Arts Council tent on the Midway of the Big River Steampunk Festival by 9:00am on Saturday, August 30, 2014 for display. Contest winners will be announced at 2:00pm that afternoon. Art may be picked up between 5pm and 7pm.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By submitting your artwork image(s) and the accompanying Email you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the BIG RIVER STEAMPUNK ART COMPETITION.
The Hannibal Arts Council and the Hannibal History Museum will retain the right to use the winning artwork’s image for the sole purpose of promotion of the BIG RIVER STEAMPUNK ART COMPETITION. The artist(s) retains all rights to their artwork. The winner(s) of the competition will be selected by a panel of judges representing Hannibal Arts Council. Artists need not be present to win.
Sponsored by the Hannibal Arts Council
In conjunction with the Hannibal History Museum
Click on logo to visit their website
Big River Steampunk Festival is Presented By:
Hannibal History Museum Foundation
200 N. Main Street
Hannibal, MO 63401
a 501(c)(3) Missouri non-profit corporation
Website Design by Second Empire Productions
Copyright (c) 2014 All Rights Reserved